Arguably one of the best views of Great Lake you will find is at 50 Robertson Road Miena.
Offering an awesome 180 degree view towards Swan Bay, Great Lake and further north to Great Western Tiers, this modern property is partly suspended from a rocky outcrop and is the ultimate 'getaway' lodge to the Central Highlands.
Presented for sale 'Walk-in/Walk-out' (minus personal effects), 50 Robertson Road is perfectly located as the Central Highlands lodge.
The Great Lake Hotel/Miena village store/service station and Swan Bay boat launching ramp are only minutes from this address presenting it as an ideal opportunity to use as a weekender, principal home and/or rental property.
Built in 1995, 50 Robertson Road received a full renovation close to 10 years ago where the property was re-plumbed, re-wired and re-roofed (including improved insulation) to improve the comfort and convenience of modern living for the angler seeking a luxury Highlands lodge.
• Three spacious bedrooms; queen size mattress in the master and second bedroom and double bunks in the third bedroom.
• Modern north facing open plan kitchen- quality Whirlpool kitchen appliances, butlers pantry, ample cupboard and bench space.
• Spacious relaxing lounge room with quality six seater lounge warmed by a Kelvinator reverse cycle heater and free-standing Norseman fan forced wood fire. A quiet study
corner leading from the lounge is an ideal fly tying corner or library with under stair storage.
• A large utility/wood storage room which is accessed from the laundry/wet room and separate downstairs toilet.
• Recently re-painted bathroom with updated vanity and separate toilet.
• Large north facing timber deck at the front of the property to admire the spectacular Highlands view.
• Lock-up workshop well suited for storage of tools and/or fishing gear during the off-season.
• Relatively new hot water cylinder.
• Connected to mains power, along with two large water tanks (30,000 litres ) and septic sewer system.
• Three tiered all-weather parking area upon the 5,636 sqm block - ideal for future development (STCA) for a shed for storage or used as parking for when family and/or friends
Miena is in heart of the Tasmanian Central Highlands and is most popular for holiday makers and permanent residents with Great Lake the major attraction. Named after the Aboriginal place for ‘lagoon-like’, Miena and surrounding communities (Liawenee and Waddamana) have strong Aboriginal ties. Trout were introduced to Great Lake in the 1890s.
In 1911, the Hydro-Electric Commission of Tasmania constructed three dam walls to provide water supply to the nearby Waddamana Power Station and formed the current lake of Great Lake.
Miena has the largest population of permanent residents of the Central Highlands communities and is the centre of the major fishing lakes such as Arthurs Lake, Penstock Lagoon or Little Pine Lagoon.
A luxury Highlands lodge is at 50 Robertson Road Miena. To arrange an inspection of this exclusive modern property, feel free to contact Nick Hay at Howell Property Group.
If you are unable to view the property, we are kindly offering virtual inspections. At this time, if there is anything that we can do to assist with making your buying experience, please let us know.
Council Rates: $TBA p/y approx. Central Highlands Council.
Year Built: 1995
Land Size: 0.5636 Ha (1.39 acre) approx.
Dwelling: 137 m2 (14.7 Squares) approx.
Roof Material: Colorbond.
Wall Material: Colorbond.
Zoning: 12.0 Low Density Residential
Council: Central Highlands Council.
The information contained herein has been supplied to us and we have no reason to doubt its accuracy, however, we cannot guarantee it. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify this information.
- Air Conditioning
- Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning
- Water Tank
- Grey Water System