Banksia is one of Launceston longest running florists having been in operation for over 30 years, previously trading as Newstead Flowers. The rebranding to Banksia was completed by the current owner in 2018 which has preceded strong year on year income growth achieved over the past 4 financial years, with turnover sitting at ~$350k as of FYE 21.
The customer base of the business is well diversified between shopfront trading, online orders, wedding catering as well as home and corporate subscription services. This is all backed by custom Wordpress ecommerce website and integrated POS instore terminal.
The business has existing partnerships with local flower suppliers and a number of couriers for local and regional deliveries throughout northern Tasmania. Its floral arrangements complemented by a diverse range of giftwares including indoor plants, candles, stationary and local wines.
Situated on Elphin Rd at the end of David St the 48m2 premises is benefits from high traffic flow and visibility to and from Launceston’s south and eastern suburbs as well as organic foot traffic from surrounding business including Newstead Medical, Pharmacy, licenced post office and Coles Supermarket.
Operating with minimal staffing requirements, this business would make an ideal fit for a single proprietor or those operating in a complementing field, looking to enhance their product offering. Business is being offered for sale on a walk in walk out basis, inclusive of stock at an asking price of $175,000 ex GST. Financial information available by request.
- Established local business in operation for over 30 years
- Ideally situated within Newstead Shopping precinct
- Growing business with organic year on year growth
- Bespoke, custom designed website with Wordpress ecommerce backend
- Diverse customer base including regular corporate subscriptions and weddings
- Covid resistant industry with ~50% of income via website
- Walk in cool storage included in sale
- Minimal staffing requirements, ideal for single operator
- Strong online reputation (Facebook 4.6/5, Google 4.7/5)
For more information on the business opportunity please contact Ben or Andy at Howell Property Group
POTENTIAL PURCHASERS ARE TO MAKE THEIR OWN INVESTIGATIONS AND ENQUIRIES IN RELATION TO THE BUSINESS AND NOT TO RELY UPON WARRANTY OR STATEMENTS MADE BY THE VENDOR OR BY ANYONE ON HIS/HER BEHALF. ALL FIGURES QUOTED ARE APPROXIMATE.