The real estate cliche of 'Location Location Location' does need to be used at 67 Thiessen Crescent Miena.
Offering direct lake access to Haddens Bay, Great Lake (via a crown reserve), complete with uninterrupted water views of Great Lake and further north to the Great Western Tiers, this property has received a number of modern improvements and is an ideal 'getaway' property to the Central Plateau.
Perfectly located with The Great Lake Hotel/Miena village store/service station within a short distance from this address it certainly presents as an ideal opportunity to be used as a weekender, principal home and/or rental property.
Swan Bay boat ramp is only 2km away and or you could launch your fishing boat directly from your front yard.
Built in 1964, 67 Thiessen Crescent has received a full renovation over the past 24 months. A new kitchen and bathroom have been installed and the garage re-designed to create a rumpus/children's sleep out offering the comfort and convenience of modern living for the family getaway to the Highlands.
• Three spacious bedrooms. An adults bedroom wing complete with a separate toilet and space for queen size mattress. Second and third bedrooms are of a good size
with space for a queen and/or double mattress.
• Brand new kitchen with quality Bellini kitchen appliances and plenty of under bench storage space.
• Open plan lounge room which is warmed by a free-standing wood fireplace with direct access to the timber deck and BBQ area. Perfect spot to admire the spectacular
• Brand new bathroom with quality shower over bath and heated towel rail.
• Wet room/porch with plenty of hanging storage space for fishing gear.
• Large north facing timber deck at the front of the property and shelter for your BBQ.
• Lock-up wood storage shed/ workshop adjoining the main home. Well suited for storage of tools, dry fire wood and/or fishing gear during the off-season.
• 60 sqm timber finished rumpus room with two cleverly designed bedrooms and attic. A free-standing wood-fire will keep the rumpus room warm during the winter. The
rumpus room is ideal accommodation for children, guests or a quiet spot to sit back with a book and admire the peaceful surrounds.
• Connected to mains power, has a large water tank and septic sewer system.
• The 1742 sqm block offers dual access from Thiessen Crescent via an all-weather gravel driveway with an established ornamental garden along the streetscape. A second all-
weather track offers access to the crown-land reserve neighbours this property and Great Lake.
Miena is in heart of the Tasmanian Central Highlands and is most popular for holiday makers and permanent residents with Great Lake the major attraction. Named after the Aboriginal place for ‘lagoon-like’, Miena and surrounding communities (Liawenee and Waddamana) have strong Aboriginal ties. Trout were introduced to Great Lake in the 1890s.
In 1911, the Hydro-Electric Commission of Tasmania constructed three dam walls to provide water supply to the nearby Waddamana Power Station and formed the current lake of Great Lake.
Miena has the largest population of permanent residents of the Central Highlands communities and is the centre of the major fishing lakes such as Arthurs Lake, Penstock Lagoon or Little Pine Lagoon.
Ideally positioned along the sort after Thiessen Crescent, number 67 is an perfectly located for a Highlands family getaway. Feel free to contact Nick Hay at Howell Property Group to arrange an inspection.
If you are unable to view the property, we are kindly offering virtual inspections. At this time, if there is anything that we can do to assist with making your buying experience, please let us know.
Council Rates: $TBA p/y approx. Central Highlands Council.
Year Built: 1964
Land Size: 0.1742 Ha (0.430 acre) approx.
Dwelling: 70 m2 (7.53 Squares) approx.
Bungalow/Rumpus: 60 m2 (6.45 Squares) approx.
Roof Material: Colorbond.
Wall Material: Colorbond.
Zoning: 12.0 Low Density Residential
Council: Central Highlands Council.
The information contained herein has been supplied to us and we have no reason to doubt its accuracy, however, we cannot guarantee it. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify this information.
- Water Tank
- Grey Water System