Offering uninterrupted views and direct access to Shannon Lagoon, Great Lake, Possum Lodge is a well loved Highlands property upon a sizeable parcel of land.
Set on a 7.67 ha (18.9 acre) parcel of land and constructed in 1990, the Colorbond™ home with aluminium lockable windows has plenty of water storage options and is offered as a 'walk-in/walk-out' (minus personal effects) . Possum Lodge is perfectly set-up for one family and/or a number of families to use at any given time, to appreciate the lifestyle on offer in the Central Highlands of Tasmania.
If it is chasing elusive world-class trout fishing or game hunting in the pristine wilderness of the Central Plateau with bushwalking, 'Possum Lodge' has it all.
• Offered walk-in/walk-out - furnishings, linen, kitchen utensils, beds etc.
• 4 large bedrooms all with space for double &/or queen size mattresses. All bedrooms are complete with electric wall heaters.
• Open plan living room/kitchenette with spectacular views towards Shannon Lagoon with a multiple heating sources from the free-standing wood fireplace, reverse cycle air
conditioning unit and 6kw electric wall heater.
• 2 bathrooms both complete with spa baths. The family bathroom is complete with the laundry facilities.
• Wet room/porch and carport (directly attached the shack) provide ideal storage for fishing gear or parking the family vehicle out of the weather.
• Adjoining deck and enclosed BBQ/entertainment hut. BBQ hut has a large stone built open fire, full commercial kitchen with three refrigerators, separate hot water system &
plenty of cupboard storage. An added bonus is a stone outdoor pizza oven attached the hut.
• An extensive array of out buildings which include 2 x 1 carport, 20 ft container workshop, 20ft container storage area, inbuilt caravan bunk house with separate toilet &
another large vacant room with toilet attached that was intended to be a bunk house. Both the caravan and vacant room have separate septic systems and water storage.
• Approx. 20,000 litres of water storage plus a fire fighting water tank. 5000 litres of water is attached to the shack in an insulated building (done to avoid water supply freezing
in the winter). The water pump is located underneath the shack with insulated lines to avoid water freezing.
• Connected to mains power, septic sewer system with a large capacity for hot water storage. NBN and Telstra connection is also available for 'working from the shack' and/or
maintain connection with family and friends.
• Fully operational Wi-Fi Security Camera System.
• A four wheel drive track circuits the 7.67 ha (18.9 acre) block with a number of cleared spots upon the holding suitable for future development (STCA).
Possum Lodge lies south of Miena with direct access to Shannon Lagoon, the Shannon Lagoon was the location of the phenomenon known as 'The Shannon Rise' and was the inspiration for Dick Wigram's 1953 novel.
'The Shannon Rise' was an annual event and attracted anglers from all over Australia over a 25 year period in the 1930 to 1950's. 'The rise' was a trout feeding frenzy caused by the huge hatches of the Asmicridea Grisea, the snowflake caddis.
The Great Lake Hotel/Miena village store/service station are only a short five minute drive from Possum Lodge.
Miena is in heart of the Tasmanian Central Highlands and is most popular for holiday makers and permanent residents with Great Lake the major attraction. Named after the Aboriginal place for ‘lagoon-like’, Miena and surrounding communities (Liawenee and Waddamana) have strong Aboriginal ties. Trout were introduced to Great Lake in the 1890s.
In 1911, the Hydro-Electric Commission of Tasmania constructed three dam walls to provide water supply to the nearby Waddamana Power Station and formed the current lake of Great Lake.
Miena has the largest population of permanent residents of the Central Highlands communities and is the centre of the major fishing lakes such as Arthurs Lake, Penstock Lagoon or Little Pine Lagoon.
Escape to Possum Lodge in the Central Highlands of Tasmania. Feel free to contact Nick Hay at Howell Property Group for more information.
STRICTLY INSPECTION BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Council Rates: $1,115.44 p/y approx. Central Highlands Council.
Year Built: 1990
Land Size: 7.675 Ha (18.965 acre) approx.
Dwelling: 150 m2 (16.4 Squares) approx.
Roof Material: Colorbond.
Wall Material: Colorbond.
Council: Central Highlands Council.
The information contained herein has been supplied to us and we have no reason to doubt its accuracy, however, we cannot guarantee it. Accordingly, all interested parties should make their own enquiries to verify this information.